- This event has passed.
Online Support Group – “Survivorship: Finding Your Way Forward”
October 1, 2019 @ 5:45 pm - 7:00 pm
One event on October 15, 2019 at 5:45 pm
One event on October 29, 2019 at 5:45 pm
One event on November 12, 2019 at 5:45 pm
One event on November 26, 2019 at 5:45 pm
One event on December 10, 2019 at 5:45 pm
NEW ONLINE Cancer Support Group – “Survivorship: Finding Your Way Forward”
Tuesday, October 1 – Dec. 10, 2019
The Beth C. Wright Cancer Resource Center will be sponsoring a NEW online support group entitled “Survivorship: Finding Your Way Forward” with the help of a grant from the Maine Cancer Foundation. This support group is open to all cancer survivors who are currently in treatment or finished and can be accessed by telephone, tablet/computer, smartphone, from the comfort of your own home or where ever you happen to be.
Treatment is vital to the survival of anyone who has been given a cancer diagnosis. Both a cancer diagnosis and treatment not only present physical challenges but emotional ones as well, requiring support. This support group is designed to address these important areas.
The group sessions will provide information, support and skill building tools that will aid in addressing and improving overall wellness. Each session will cover a different topic from the introduction to the psychology behind cancer survivorship and resiliency to the impact of cancer on the body, mind and spirit. Each group will take place every two weeks on Tuesdays, over a 12-week period. The first session will take place biweekly from Tuesday, October 1 through December 10, 2019. Each session will run from 5:45 – 7:00 pm.
Program Outline created by Group facilitator Stephanie McCleod-Estevez LCPC
- Session 1 – Introductions, review of group guidelines (re: confidentiality, etc), general introduction to the psychology behind cancer survivorship and resiliency
- Session 2 – Introduction of the goals, exploring the impact of cancer on the body
- Session 3 – Exploring the impact of cancer on the mind.
- Session 4 – Exploring the impact of cancer on our spirit, plus an introduction to art therapy.
- Session 5 – Exploring the impact of cancer on identity.
- Session 6 – Wrap up: creating a recovery/healing team, reflections, personal goals, and reviewing resources available
Stephanie McLeod-Estevez, LCPC, is also an art therapist and breast cancer survivor herself. Watch her Support Group Video here to find out more. Stephanie is the founder of Creative Transformations where she offers transformational sessions, workshops, knowledge to her clients and publishes a #Therapy Thursday blog about emotional health and wellness on her website, www.creative-transformations.com
The group is limited to 12. You can REGISTER HERE or to find out more call the Beth C. Wright Cancer Resource Center at 207-664-0339.