- This event has passed.
14th Annual Beth C. Wright Cancer Resource Center RIDE FOR LIFE
September 8 @ 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
(Please register first before creating fundraising page)
SURRY, MAINE–Please join us on Saturday, September 8, 2018 in Surry, with helmets on and water bottles filled, ready to raise money and build community, so that we can reach our goal of $20,000!
THE RIDE FOR LIFE offers a beautiful bike ride for cyclists of all ability and interest levels, and the opportunity to raise money that stays in our communities, helping friends, family, and neighbors whose lives have been affected by cancer.
This year there will be 8, 20, 50, or 100-mile bike rides to choose from. There are plenty of comfort stations, fruit, water, and other refreshments along the routes. Each route is well-marked with signs at each turn and our communications network allows us to keep track of all riders out on the course.
- Please note that ALL rides this year start at the Surry Elementary School and registration begins at 7 am.
- Both the 100- and 50-mile rides will start at 8:00 a.m. this year, so that everyone in these rides can enjoy rolling out onto the course together.
- Both the 8- and 20-mile rides will start at 10:00 a.m. this year,
- The individual who raises the most funds will receive a $100 gift certificate to the Bar Harbor Bike Shop!
- Family discount available
Register by August 27th, you’ll save up to $20 in fees and we’ll serve you a
FRESH MAINE LOBSTER ROLL at the after-ride lunch!
Once you’ve registered and gathered donations, simply show up ready to ride on Saturday, September 8th in Surry! At the end of the ride, your generosity and effort will be celebrated with a BBQ lunch and entertainment at the Surry Elementary School!
If you can’t ride in the event and you’d like to you can donate to the 14th Annual Ride for Life, you can do so here: DONATE!
Help us thank you to our sponsors by visiting their websites: